Forskningsavdelningen decided to have a RFID workshop on Thursday (27 August 2009), so please come today and bring your rfid tags and readers.
As you may know, RFID is a technology used in transportation cards sucha as the new Skånetrafiken “Jojo”, Stockholm Länstrafik’s “Access”, and the London Underground “Oystercard”, as well as Öresundsbron bridge “BroBizz”, and multiple other places such as passports.
These cards operate without any internal battery/power source but are powered from the radio signals sent to it from the “reader”.
The Mifare (Crypto01) cards used in the above mentioned travel systems have been exposed on the 24c3 by Karsten N and practiced during HaR. Also the passport rfid was examined and exposed a couple of years back at Defcon15 by Lukas G so that they give out all personal information and clone passports.
Its important to raise the awareness of the implementation and use of “wireless” authentication system and why implementing and using weak ones may hurt our integrity.
Please come from 18:30 to 22:00. This event is all free. Check the Kontakt page for more info on how to get there.
- We are still around
- Workshops: IT-policy för allmänheten – Redux 2014
- IT-policy för allmänheten – Del 2
- IT-policy för allmänheten – Del 1 beta1
- Workshop-series “IT security, for the public”
- Report from forsk monday at new hackerspace!
- Achtung Telia (pki debacle)
- Mail-liste-issues och Föredragsvisningar 3/3 @ Glassen
- Tre år efter razzian..
- Hacknight 4our, 19-21 October