We are planning a series of free public workshops. The first workshop will be called “Basic Internet security, for the public”.
When and where: 2013-10-29, at 19-21. At Kontrapunkt, Norra Grängesbergsgatan 26, Malmö. Just show up, or fill in this form: http://workshop.forskningsavd.se/ (The page is in Swedish atm, let’s call it beta. Plz just let us know if you are many, and if you prefer to do the workshop in English, that can also be arranged.)
You should bring: an open mind, a laptop computer, extension cord, a snack.
There will be followups on similar topics, at other hack/make-places. Stpln/fbrkn, FooCafe. Gothenburg Hackerspace, yeeey.
Here is a Swedish radio program about it https://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/255022?programid=1300.
We will discuss open and secure alternatives in general, irl. Lots of stuff.
On a closely related topic, there is also a free seminar at foocafe, the day after, with Pirate Party MEP Amelia Andersdotter, about “personal data protecion and exemption”.
Relevant to your interests: go to the May 31 (Thursday night) event instead of the Fabriken Open Lab. (Since you can only solder at so many parties, we try to make sure there are enough people in the right places!)
Most of us will attend the soldering/electronics event tomorrow.
We suggest you join us there instead, as attendance to the open lab night will likely be very low.
The address is:
214 30 Malmö
The time is: 18:00 to 22:00
Are certain kind of aesthetics connected to certain kinds of political issues!? Does it always have to be like that? What if you altered the aestethics connected to the issue? Could you reach new audiences with altered visual styles?
Come and create your own political graphics in 8-bit aesthetics! Learn how to perform visuals using 8-bit pixel graphics and/or text characters (letters, numbers and other symbols). No previous experience is needed.
Bring your own media to convert, it can be stills, interviews, video material and more! Create a theme that connects visual form with your political issue of choice.
Raquel Meyers and RåFILM is holding this unique workshop in Malmö 28-30 of april!
This workshop will cover for example Ascii, Ansi, PETSCII and Teletext (“Text-TV”). The purpose of the workshop is to find new ways of expression in these unique media environments. Although often misunderstood as limiting and difficult, these tools are often quite helpful to develop new procedures, ideas and motivations. New ideas don’t require new technologies. Sometimes it’s even easier to be progressive with old tools.
The workshop will be held by Raquel Meyers who works with low-res graphics and photography for performance, web, video and installations. Since 2004 she has performed at VJ-festivals like Mapping and Cimatics, at 8bit events like Tokyo Blip Festival and the Playlist exhibition, aswell at Transmediale, LABoral and LEV Festival. She currently lives and works in Sweden.
Read and see more on: www.raquelmeyers.com // http://text-mode.tumblr.com/
RåFILM is a film collective that for over a decade has worked with finding new ways of connecting art and activism, doing animations, documentaries and more. Read more at; www.rafilm.se
– 28 – 29 April – a two day workshop at Kontrapunkt in Malmö. 1-8PM
– 30 April - screening on a local wall near you! We gather at Möllevångstorget at 8PM. (If it´s raining we´ll come up with a plan B.)
- No previous experience is necessary!
- Bring a computer. We have some extra computers that people can borrow if you ask us in advance. Most of the software works in Windows, but there will be options for Mac & Linux too.
- If you have material you want to use, bring that.
- The workshop will be held in English.
- Location; Kontrapunkt Kollektiva Verkstäder, Norra Grängesbergsg. 26
- Limited amount of participants to 10 people! Please e-mail (email@example.com) or call
(0735-538344) to Alex Veitch to book a place.
Puss och Kamp!
///RåFILM och Raquel Meyes
Another Lördagsforsk event will be held this Saturday, Feburary 25.
Theme: GSM and osmocom-bb
Place: Norra Grängesbergsgatan 26, at high noon – 12:00
Entrance fee: Free!
A presentation and workshop about the Open Source GSM baseband software osmocom-bb. With osmocom-bb you can do anything a regular GSM phone can do. The difference is that osmocom-bb is Open Source all the way into the airwaves. Using only a Motorola mobile phone, you can learn everything about GSM.
Another Lördagsforsk event will be held this Saturday, Feburary 25. Theme: GSM and osmocom-bb Place: Norra Grängesbergsgatan 26, at high noon – 12:00 Entrance fee: Free! A presentation and workshop...
- Workshop: Self-defense in the digital world
- We are still around
- Workshops: IT-policy för allmänheten – Redux 2014
- IT-policy för allmänheten – Del 2
- IT-policy för allmänheten – Del 1 beta1
- Workshop-series “IT security, for the public”
- Report from forsk monday at new hackerspace!
- Achtung Telia (pki debacle)
- Mail-liste-issues och Föredragsvisningar 3/3 @ Glassen
- Tre år efter razzian..